Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

almost a TA victory ( I wuz robbed!)

2 posters

Go down

almost a TA victory ( I wuz robbed!) Empty almost a TA victory ( I wuz robbed!)

Post  Luke-m Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:50 pm

so close on saturday at the mountbatten circuit race!!

An early break went after about 5 laps and i managed to miss it 'cos it was carnage at the time with riders leaving gaps so it was pretty fractured. The break contained riders from Fareham wheelers, DH cyclesport and Velocity so a large part of the bunch weren't chasing. I gave it a while and tried to jumpacross the gap which was a little under half a lap. I made it halfway but the bunch lined out to chase me down so i knew i was a marked man... (damned local fame!). so then we set about organising a chase which lasted for about 40 minutes. the gap was pegged at just under half a lap the whole time. Fareham wheelers were disrupting the chase in a negative manner by destryoing the working line of riders so I had a word. Velocity had the good grace to work hard at the front to chase their own man. Despite being 50 mins plus laps it changed and with 45 mins gone and the gap at 1/3rd of a lap we got 8 laps to go. all hell broke loose in the bunch and the breeak was hunted down (finally!!) I hung back but riders tried to bridge solo to the 4 tired leaders who had (to their credit) never got that decisive lap but had dangled there the whole race. The lap board was dripping down and the bunch had still not consolidated. Like at the beginnig it was fractured with the leaders now virtually caught but several gaps appearing. With 2 laps to go the front of the race came together and I was about 8th wheel. into the back straight I kicked hard into the wind and got a gap! coming round to the bell i looked under my arm to see it lined out but i had about 30m on the pack. Legs burning I gave it everything but with about 100m to go one rider came across and with nothing left myself he got me in the home straight. Nowt I could do as he took the win but i held on for 2nd as he had detached from the bunch effectively sprinting for 300m. So a mighty 8 points and added to the 3 I got from Thruxton the previous weekend where i placed 7th in a first lap break that stayed away for the whole race (and had the bunch in sight at the end).

Looking foward to biulding some miles in mallorca now ready for some races on the open road in May Twisted Evil

luke

Luke-m

Back to top Go down

almost a TA victory ( I wuz robbed!) Empty You need help!

Post  Tim Yair Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:34 am

Sounds like you put up a pretty good fight though - if only you had a team to race with eh?!? Trouble is I don't think I'd be able to help much!!

T
Tim Yair
Tim Yair

Back to top Go down

almost a TA victory ( I wuz robbed!) Empty So close!

Post  Andy W Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Well done on the second place; sounds like it was well-earned! Shocked
Andy
Andy W
Andy W

Back to top Go down

almost a TA victory ( I wuz robbed!) Empty Re: almost a TA victory ( I wuz robbed!)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum