Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cornwall to Kent 2013

3 posters

Go down

Cornwall to Kent 2013 Empty Cornwall to Kent 2013

Post  Dave Dawkins Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 am

During a club run a couple of weeks ago a few of us were talking about a cycling challenge for next year, i came up with the crazy idea to cycle from The Lizard in Cornwall all the way across the South coast to Dover in Kent some 400 ish miles. Initially i thought of doing this over 3 days but then thought nah that would be to easy. So what i have come up with is to do this in one hit non stop. I have guestimated that this would take between 26 to 30 hours to complete.

Myself and the three T's Tommy,Tony and Tel have all said that they are up for this massive challenge the date for this would be leaving Cornwall on the 26th July 2013. We would travel down the night before then set off first thing. We would then arrive in Dover on the Saturday between 11 and 1500. We would then travel back home on the Sunday.
It would be good if we could get one or maybe two more riders to take part in this mad ride. Loads of time to get the fitness up and already we have come up with a couple of long distance and night rides for training.

Up for it ???
Dave Dawkins
Dave Dawkins

Back to top Go down

Cornwall to Kent 2013 Empty up for it!

Post  Mark Daws Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

As I told you on club ride count me in mate! Suppose I best get some practice in!

Mark Daws

Back to top Go down

Cornwall to Kent 2013 Empty Re: Cornwall to Kent 2013

Post  Tony Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:09 pm

As you know I'm deffo in.
Start training now cos its a tuffy. affraid affraid affraid

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx

Ok so da link no work I'll try again tomoz ish jocolor
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Cornwall to Kent 2013 Empty Re: Cornwall to Kent 2013