Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max HR calculation, but why does the title have to be so long?

2 posters

Go down

Max HR calculation, but why does the title have to be so long? Empty Max HR calculation, but why does the title have to be so long?

Post  Tony Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:17 am

Hi
I just been reading another web site on here and found this which looks like its quite accurate, using ths calc. my max HR should be 179 and I actually got 180 registerred on my Garmin today during the last minute sprint on the last session in Angies spin class. Not bad for an old git ehh!

210-half your age -5% of your weight in lbs +4 for a male and 0 for a female is more accurate.

Or this site here for a bit of fun:

http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/heart_rate/heart_rate_zone_calculator_abcc_bcf.html

There's loads of ways of working your max HR and this is a new one to me, the true way is to do a max workout on a hill somewhere, which we will do once a little warmer.

Enjoy

Tony
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Max HR calculation, but why does the title have to be so long? Empty Re: Max HR calculation, but why does the title have to be so long?

Post  Angie Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:38 am

Yep just done mine 178 MHR with that link, my calculations 182 MHR. My lactate threshold training zone using my calculations is 161 - 178 so its all pretty much the same for us women anyway.

I think I need to add that you are not trying to get your heart rate to max during the long interval stages. You are training your body at lactate threshold, the point at which your body can still supply oxygen to your working muscles and get rid of the lactate waste efficiently. MHR should only be attempted in the very last 15 - 30 secs of the intervals and should only be held for 30 secs max. You need to have a long recovery between repeats as well.

A x
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down