Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to race Racing

2 posters

Go down

How to race Racing Empty How to race Racing

Post  harry.s Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 am

hey guys!
Just wondering if any of you knew how I get involved with racing and how I get a license. I will do some TT's as well this holidays:)

harry.s

Back to top Go down

How to race Racing Empty Re: How to race Racing

Post  Chris Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Harry
If you are serious about racing, firstly get onto the BC website and get a membership and a race licence. You can do two things here, either you can get a full licence which runs from January 1st until December 31st (I believe the price drops as the season goes on), which will allow you to enter as many races as you want and accrue points. Alternatively you can get a provisional licence, which allows you to enter three races only, the thinking behind it is that it gives people an idea of whether or not they enjoy racing and want to commit to a full licence. The good thing about the provisional is that it comes free with the membership to BC.
If you are certain that racing is the way to go, then go for the full licence that straight away, as it saves you having to re-apply for one after three races. If you are unsure then go for the provisional.
When you purchase your licence, ask BC if they can email you a paper copy of it, as this will enable you to start racing straight away. The licence itself will not be posted directly to you, it goes through the club. Usually when I apply for mine it takes about a month to come through (although it may be quicker at this time of year, as most people renew in January).

Second log on to Southbc.org.uk as it gives you a list of most of the races in this area, alternatively the BC website has all the events nationwide.

Third, get yourself down to some training sessions on Friday to get a little experience riding at Mountbatten and some of the races on Wednesday nights.
Wednesday night races run until the third week of September, so there are plenty left.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  harry.s Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:15 am

Thank you so much for this Chris. It will help me a lot:)

harry.s

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down