Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTTL March 24 road report

2 posters

Go down

PTTL March 24 road report Empty PTTL March 24 road report

Post  Angie Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:58 am

Hi All

A good Army will send an advance group out before commencing battle; I have been that advanced group and here is my report.............AAARRRGGGHHH affraid affraid

The road towards Chichester at the start, B2146 and B2178 I believe, are in resonable condition. Maybe a few rough spots/potholes on the nearside but shouldn't affect you as you won't be over that far, just be aware.

The approach to Chi roundabout has a dropped manhole cover so you may need to take a wider line.

B2141 where you fork left coming out of Lavant the road is mostly ok. Again a few potholes mainly in the centre white line but some on the nearside. This is the case all the way to the bumpy bit.

Harting hill road closed sign at the top where it forks to Walderton. Like all law abiding citizens I ignored this and carried on passed two more road closed signs until I got to where the road was closed and a friendly workman told me I couldn't get through!!! Don't worry though they will be finished by Wednesday and it will be open again for Sunday. Hooray!!! Unfortunately this is the bit that I wanted to look at as it is the sharp left turn to South Harting. Well at least it will have nice fresh, smooth tarmac.
Went off road here to get to South Harting, back on route and again road ok bit chewed up in places but nothing unusual.

Road through Compton and West Marden a few holes mainly old ones that haven't been filled in properly. In places it's gravelly and muddy at the moment.

Hope that helps you prepare for battle. See you out there!!

A x
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

PTTL March 24 road report Empty Re: PTTL March 24 road report

Post  Tony Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:54 am

Cheers Angie - Just get those lightweight wheels on and you'll float over all of the bumps pirat

Seriously tho thanks for the report and putting yourself out to go & take a look, everything x'd for bright sun until then bounce
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:19 am

Well that had to be the coldest and windiest TT I have ever ridden affraid

Quite a good turn out for the HRC event today I think 30 mad souls braved the elements, with what looked like only 1 DNF, Daryl's front wheel said no more Sleep and the rim finally split, luckily on a slow part of the course, so no injuries. - On a more serious note I don't think I have seen a rim worn that much from the brake blocks, so a lesson there to us all, check those rims sunny

TA riders were:

Chris
Dave
Tony
Angie

Times to follow as some confusion at the HQ, give me a lap top any day Exclamation

Tony
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down