Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Century ride

5 posters

Go down

Century ride Empty Century ride

Post  Des Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi all.
As mentioned at the pub on Monday, Rita and I are planning on repeating a great 100ml route which we did a while back and were wondering if anyone would fancy doing it as a club run. It starts at Lyndhurst in the New Forest and does a circular route through East Hants and Wilts including the Wylye Valley on the return. We are planning to do it on 16th Aug starting around 08.30 ish, and would love some company.  What a Face 
Des
Des

Back to top Go down

Century ride Empty Re: Century ride

Post  cathy73 Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Sounds great des however I will be in the middle of moving house so can't make it. There is a wiggle 100 mile sportive in the new forest in October if you, or anyone else fancied that too?

cathy73

Back to top Go down

Post  Des Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:37 am

DOHH!!!!  Rolling Eyes 
Des
Des

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy W Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Can't do the 16th as I'll be at Wickham festival, it would have been ideal for my August Century ride though.
I'm not so keen on handing over lots of dosh to Wiggle for the New Forest ride but it is lovely riding there so would be happy to accompany you Cathy - is that going to be your revised first 100? It will also tick off my October one.
Similarly, I'm considering popping over to Jersey at the beginning of Nov: ferry over Fri, B&B/hotel that night, 100-mile ride Saturday then overnight ferry back that night. Anyone else interested - 100 miles of Jersey will mean lots of zig-zagging as it's only 40 miles all the way round.
Andy W
Andy W

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Thanks for the invite but I think I'll have to decline.
Still hope to crack a couple more ton+ rides this year though.

joe
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Century ride Empty Re-Century ride

Post  Des Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 am

Right then.
                As further discussed at the pub on Monday, I have decided to move the planned ride for people who couldn`t make the original date. The date is now Sat 6th Sept. I think we should go for an 08.00ish meet up in Lyndhurst ready for an 08.30 roll out. I realise that we have a 25ml T/T the following morning, but am assured that it will be a good warm up for the legs.  Shocked    That is correct Tony? Twisted Evil 
Hopefully we can get this off the ground.   bounce
Des
Des

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Des,

Just seen your post about the 100 miler. I would have loved to have done it. The original date was good for me but, unfortunately, I'm away from the 31st of Aug until early October.

Have a good ride, though.

Leonard
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Des Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:12 am

Double DOHHH!  Rolling Eyes 
Des
Des

Back to top Go down