Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tour of the Milburys - Thanks

4 posters

Go down

Tour of the Milburys - Thanks Empty Tour of the Milburys - Thanks

Post  Andy W Sat May 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, that's all done and dusted. A great big "Thank you" to every one that came out and helped, especially those from outside the club. It cannot be done without everyone chipping in and your time is appreciated; I had a number of thanks from riders at the event so they are shared amongst everyone.
Sorry I failed on the weather arrangements this year...
Andy W
Andy W

Back to top Go down

Tour of the Milburys - Thanks Empty Re: Tour of the Milburys - Thanks

Post  Andy W Sat May 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Graham's photos if you want to have a look; there are some of helpers, etc, as well as the race itself.

If you just want to see a crash, there's one here
Andy W
Andy W

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard Sun May 12, 2013 9:02 am

Great job organising, Andy. Thanks to all of your hard work, the event could not have gone any smoother. Well done!
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post  Angie Sun May 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Same said from me Andy. Well done for organising it, I know it's not easy. Oh and your new flags looked ace, not so now unfortunately. I will see if I can hem them up for next year.

A x
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy W Sun May 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks both - and thank you for helping, especially Angie for helping picking up the flags from Emsworth. I know the additional ones were a bit Heath Robinson but I only had a few hours from getting back from Mick's until a gig that night and had to buy the raw materials in that time - dunno what happened with the measuring; I thought I judged it about right but they were much longer than the others and don't fit across the back seat of a car... doh!
Andy W
Andy W

Back to top Go down

Post  luke-m Sun May 12, 2013 2:11 pm

"It cannot be done without everyone chipping in and your time is appreciated; I had a number of thanks from riders at the event so they are shared amongst everyone.
Sorry I failed on the weather arrangements this year...."

Shame that you couldn't sort the weather Andy, most dissapointing.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes No No lol! there was this one point in the race when it rained and it got really cold ever so suddenly and my windscreen (lead car 2) got fogged up for at least 5 seconds!!! But it was alright 'cos i put on the heaters and it de-misted almost instantly but to be honest it was touch-and-go for a moment. No so for the marshals who didn't have the difficulties of winscreens, roofs, aircon etc.. Some other near-disasters occured when it rained so hard that i had to not only put on the windscreen wipers but also fire the screenwash which I didn't want to mention but to be honest that stuff isn't cheap....

But I'm not complaining despite the tough job we had in the convoy in the inclement weather (and the other drivers and co-pilots will no doubt back me up..) but you orchestrstrated another awsome TA event promotion so thank you very much. What a Face What a Face I know that RR events are tough to organise but hopefully all the riders appreciated your efforts on behalf of Team Axiom

Ta muchly cheers cheers cheers cheers

luke-m
luke-m

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy W Sun May 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Yeah, cheers Luke; I shall let you into a secret. I got out there and saw the glorious yellow rape fields and my photographic eye thought that would be much more photogenic against a dark, foreboding sky than bright blue - it's all in the contrast... So, on that basis I cancelled the hot, burning sun that I had previously ordered...

Sorry it impacted your wee drive round the countryside... Wink
Andy W
Andy W

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down